Hillel Bilman wrote:

Dear Kannel Devel,

Well done on the latest Kannel stable release.

thanks a lot. I have to add my thanks to all developers who made improvements into Kannel possible and to the numerious people using the software and reporting bugs... this is what open source is all about... contribution to the community ;)

I have a few questions on the release:
1) In the article below you have said: "bruNET upgrading response parsing to
comply with more recent interface version (v2.0+) where bruNET delivers
'MessageId' in the HTTP response
     body."

Does this mean there is a new DLR escape code that allows one to get the
MessageId from the SMSC before the SMS has been delivered to the phone and
before the final dlr? If this is not the case, what does "bruNET delivers
'MessageId' in the HTTP response" mean? This is a function that the
devel team is looking into it?

speaking in Kannel internals, this means the MessageId response parameter is passed into the 'binfo' field of the Msg structure. Hence, yes, there is a generic URL trans escape code for getting the binfo field from specific SMSC implementations. bruNET uses this MessageId for further transactions to distinguish billing information... (don't want to go into details here).

So, there is _no_ new field or escape code for it.

2)I've been continually updating to the latest cvs and found it stable. Now
that the 1.4.0 release is
available is this a snapshot of the 1.3.2 development CVS? and if I keep
getting the CVS every few weeks, will it be an improvement to the 1.4.0
stable version?

yes, 1.4.0 is actually a snapshot of the CVS HEAD tree from the specific release date.

We're now tending to seperate things again. There are a lot of new (huge) patches waiting. They will make their way into CVS HEAD. The 1.4 stable branch will contain only bugfixes to the current 1.4.0. So you can illustrate it via this:

  1.4.0 ---> 1.4 stable branch (bugfixes only, no new logic)
        ---> cvs head, all new and also "experimental" code