Von: Andreas Fink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004 08:46
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: AT driver patch

Hi folks.

A user reported to me having problems while initializing the modem
after a while.
The log shows it gets no "OK" after AT&F. I however realized that it
might simply not wait long enough. AT&F resets the modem and this might
take a while on some old slow phones. Our default timeout of 3 seconds
might simply be too slow for those.

I wrote the attached patch to work around this issue and also to retry
the first few commands if it failed. This should make initialization
more robust. Before I commit it to CVS I however want to have it tested
by a couple of modem users with different types of modems to be sure it
doesn't screw up something else.

Andreas Fink
Fink Consulting GmbH

Tel: +41-61-6666332 Fax: +41-61-6666331  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com