Davy Chan wrote:

**>Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 01:25:48 +0100
**>From: Alejandro Guerrieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>To: "devel@kannel.org" <devel@kannel.org>
**>Subject: Re: Is it possible to set up the esm_class for Kannel?
**>
**>Olga,
**>
**>You're welcome. It's not the first time someone stumbles across this
**>problem, since the value of 3 ("Store and Forward") seems not to be
**>the default across many SMSC's around the world (In fact, at least on
**>my own experience the most common value seems to be 0, "SMSC
**>Default"). Doing my first steps with Kannel, I've spent a bunch of
**>time trying to figure out myself where does that setting could be
**>changed, since the SMSC operator asked for an ESM_CLASS of 0 (To make
**>things worse, it was my first SMSC connection ever).
**>
**>It would be _very_ handy to be able to set the esm_class parameter
**>through the config file isn't it? Anyone wishing to write a patch for
**>that? ;)

I can do that and will post it. But, I know that it will not be incorporated
into the main source tree since ESM Class is particular to only the SMPP
Protocol.

hmmm, we have several SMPP specific config directives in there. If people state that this is a general "problem" while in the process of connecting to an SMPP SMSC, I'd vote +0 to +1 for commiting this to cvs in order to get life easier.

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80