Alexander Malysh wrote:

nope and IMO it's not needed. just don't send ack/nack to bearerbox as long
the message is not processed and bearerbox will do the job for free.

+1, did you have this inside your tree to addopt to cvs? It will require some work, since you have to make sure bearerbox does not inject the message for a second time, while still in "processing".

BTW, this brings again a more semantical question to the top. Should a
"messaging node" try infinitly to deliver a message to the next node (the
application layer in this case)? I don't think so. Actually it's the
"fault" of the next node, if the HTTP server breaks and responds with HTTP
500. IMO, a node inside a communication path is not required to "cover"
errors of the participating nodes. But I guess this is a "system
architecture" religious question.

IMO if server responds then message processing is done, another story if
http server is not reachable, in this case smsbox should re-try depending
on 'http-request-retry' and 'http-queue-delay' config directives.

ok, so your opinion is. Current way of operations is what we intend to?

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80