Hi,

> Now that we have UUIDs for each SMS passing through the bearerbox,
> would it be possible to modify your code to use standard dbm instead
> of gdbm.  That way, it could be compiled easily on most standard
> platforms.  For those wanting better performance, they can compile
> using gdbm in dbm compatibility mode.  If you don't have the time,
> then I would like to take over your code, modify it, and submit it
> for voting.

As far as I'm experienced with both GNU dbm and Berkeley's DB (1, 2,
3, 4 and now 5), the last one really outperforms the first one in
several ways. Some years ago my tests showed that there is no problems
while multiple threads are reading and writing (called concurent
reads/writes) to the same BDB because of it's good and fast locking
mechanisms. In contrast, GNU dbm complained about "database is in
use".

Although sometimes it's necessary to play with LDFLAGS/CFLAGS while
compiling application with BDB, I give my +1 for user to choose the
libs in the ./configure stage as you've suggested.

--
regards,
Dziugas Baltrunas