Gaurav_Khurana wrote:

Dear Kannel

I am Gaurav from Satyam Computers, working for an internal project
regarding WAP protocol. I am working on using Kannel WAP gateway and
test it by a mobile phone simulator. Following is what i have done:

I have installed WAP gateway by following the steps that you have
mentioned in the Developer's wesite. We have problems in using the WAP
gateway which is as follows:

The gateway is installed on a linux server which does not have a direct
internet connection. This linux server is in the LAN setting of my
office.
I have Nokia Mobile Browser 4.0 on a windows machine in the same LAN. We
have set the IP address  of the linux server in the Nokia Mobile Browser
4.0 and WAP port to 9201 and tried browsing a web page with NMB4.0.

It said "socket not connected."

                 " couldn't fetch <http://www.kannel.org/wap/hello.wml>"

                 "WSP : HTTP lookup failed"

Please suggest possible solutions.

now, as this is output from the wapbox, this means the following:

Nokia simulator send the WAP request to Kannel and Kannel (on the linux machine) tried to fetch the given URL, which is (as you mentioned your own) _NOT_ possible, since www.kannel.org is in the public IP range and your linux box is not connected to the internet.

You'll obviously have to either

a) address a site in your LAN or your localhost itself on the linux box
b) connect the box to the internet

Stipe

(actually this "question" is not worth been posted here, and the time I spent to answer it too... I guess I'm in a helpfull mode, since it's friday afternoon ;)

sorry to be that sarcastic, but it's true.

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme-group.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany