I'm -1 for this patch and -100 for that SMSC.

There's no reason for an SMSC even to look at those informations. The SMSC does have no need to reassemble the parts of that SMS so it should just blindly transport every individual part. You should shout at the guy running this braindamaged SMSC (is it maybe from comverse?)