On 10.01.2006, at 21:01, Stipe Tolj wrote:

Peter Christensen wrote:

Hi,
I'd like to address a couple things now that a new kannel release near: 1. Some while ago, I reported problems within the dlr_mysql_add function. If the entry->timestamp, entry->source, or entry->url contains some unfortunate characters (most significantly <'>), the SQL query gets broken and the DLRs are wasted. After a while, the first patch was submitted, but as it used mysql_real_escape_string, it would potentially require an additional MySQL connection (or something - don't remember what the exact problem was), so it was not committed, and another patch was promised in a near future. Apparently this patch never came, however, and I see that the current CVS is still not escaping the strings.

correct, I have that escaping version of mysql here and it's scheduled for commit to 1.5.0 devel, since I won't have the time to test it that extensively to ensure stability for 1.4.1 stable.

how about taking a dumb and simple approach and simply escape all characters to hexadecimal (ie. \x30 for a 0).
this will always work and not break anything existing.

I could post the patch and let the list confirm via votes that it should or should not go to 1.4.1 stable?

I think it should, its not a new feature but a important bugfix and not a critial to break anything in my eyes.

Andreas Fink
Fink Consulting GmbH

Tel: +41-61-6666332 Fax: +41-61-6666331  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com

ICQ: 101946485 MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED] AIM: smsrelay Skype: andreasfink
Yahoo: finkconsulting SMS: +41792457333
PGP9: 0714 DF2B A189 A760 6201  5CBD D040 3E71 4DAF 68BB