Hi,

I apologise for not waiting for your response.  If you had not replied I
would have assumed you were not going to submit the patch.  Unfortunately
from previous experience a developer was emailing the list and me about a
patch, which got people excited, he then never completed it. This patch is
fortunately exactly at the time I need it and for that I thank you. I was
hoping you would follow this to completion, but if not then I needed to
know.

A suggested format:

sender-charset = <charset>  (The charset for the sender address)

msg-charset = <charset> (The charset for the message)

With the default current charsets as per Alex's email (sender: latin1, msg:
gsm)

Maybe others on the Kannel Devel list have better ideas.

Rgds