Shmulik Yudkovich wrote:

Hi,

When I'm sending service indication (WAP-PUSH) through the Kannel to a
phone, then when the message is received in the phone, the sender of the
message appears to be "1234" (I see "from 1234"). I've noticed that it
happens only on Symbian based phones.
I've tried to look for a configuration in the Kannel to change the
"from" number, but didn't find one. I only find configuration of
"fake-sender" to SMS.

Anyone knows how to change it in service-indication notifications?

AFAIR, should be part of the PAP document. Of course you need to ensure that your upstream SMSC protocol provider allows you to send individual source (from) MSISDNs.

If you have a fake-sender config directive in the smsc group, comment it out.

You may pass us the config for review, with blanked out credentials.

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org