nope, this patch will block smsc module for gwthread_sleep(sms_resend_frequency);

Thanks,
Alex

Mi Reflejo schrieb:
Yes, agree.

What about check max tries from handle_split() and then resend.

Please check attached patch

On 6/21/06, Alexander Malysh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

unfortunately this patch will not work as expected and therefore -1 from me.

With this change you put part of the message into the global queue where
it will be retransmitted and also rerouted again. So if you have at
least 2 equal SMSCs (egal in kannel config but not the same SMSC) here
is the 50/50 possibility that this part will be routed via different
SMSC and the whole message will be discarded at handset because of this.

The thing with splitted messages is that they must go via the same SMSC.

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. This bug known to me for at least 2 month but didn't find elegant
solution yet. The easiest solution would be to just remove resend code
if smsc active but it would cause more expenses because the whole
message (all parts of the message) will be resend.