It's a bug in smsbox that it didn't limit max allowed http connections. The same bug is present in HTTP SMSC module. HTTP was fixed by me as I was at Centrium/Wapme but unfortunately I didn't merged it and don't have modifications anymore but it was really simple to fix. I will try to provide patch this/next week.

as for the fact that MO messages are not retransmitted in smsbox: did you enable retry in smsbox?

Thanks,
Alex