On 19.08.2006, at 22:12, Stipe Tolj wrote:

Denis V. Gudtsov wrote:

I'm using kannel 1.4.0 to connect to SMSCs by SMPP v3.4. My operator uses
optional parameters sar_* for a long message indication. How i can pass this parametrs to my script? Without this i have to send 2 sms messages back to sender in a reply to one long his message.
Is is possible to extract this fields from original messages and pass it to my application? Or maybe can kannel assemble this messages to one and push it to me?

there is no such way to "extract" the SMPP specific optional parameters for the upside application layer. Kannel tries to capsulate as much abstraction to all supported SMSC protocols as possible. This is "known" and it's still a discussion thing about how we can get the maximum set of features supported for SMPP, even MO side.

Kannel does neither assemble MO concat messages. This hsa been a feature request some time ago, but none has offered a patch for this.

@developers:
If someone is interested in getting his/her (actually did we ever had a female sending patches? :/) I have a version fron Netikos (Kalle Marjola) that does MO concating. This could be used as scratch for getting it into CVS version. Obviously Kalles version is out of cvs sync.

Kannel does MT concat splitting. Obviously the point is that you need to get the MO concat transported to your application, right?

@others:
BTW, how are things with MOs if unicode is used? SMSCs obviously split then 160 char messages to 2 concat MOs, right? So this means we "don't support" unicode MO messages, right?

Unicode or plaintext or binary SMS makes no difference in SMS splitting. The answer is simply that on unicode, you can only pack 70 unicode symbols into one SMS. Above that, you will get multiple SMS being sent from the handset. The limit is simply smaller because every character in unicode uses 16 bits whereas in default GSM its only 7 bits. Splitting and Reassembly work exactly the same way, if its unicode, just text or even binary SMS.

Andreas Fink
Fink Consulting GmbH
Tel: +41-61-6666332 Fax: +41-61-6666331  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
ICQ: 8239353
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED] AIM: smsrelay Skype: andreasfink
Yahoo: finkconsulting SMS: +41792457333