Andreas Fink <andreas 'at' fink.org> writes:

> use of syslog is optional. I dont compile it with syslog as I want to
> have separate logfiles.

Syslog can log to multiple files. I think you should be able to
direct kannel logs to a separate file.

> my small test C programm shows that normal compilation hits this wall.
> But if I open the file with fopen64, then it works. Rather strange as
> Linux seems to be the only OS where this has been done like that.

As others pointed out, -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 is used so that the
glibc selects the large files IO functions without any change
needed to sourcecode.

> I'll check what the currentl CVS does about this.
>
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 is not working here.

Which is very strange. It worked every time I checked. Are you
sure kannel compilation was really done with this additional
definition? First, I think you should check with the following
simple test, then try to pass it to kannel compilation if it works:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /tmp] echo -e '#include <stdio.h>\nint
main(){fopen("/dev/null", "r");}' > t.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /tmp] gcc t.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /tmp] ltrace ./a.out 2>&1| grep null
fopen("/dev/null", "r")                          = 0x804a008
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /tmp] gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 t.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /tmp] ltrace ./a.out 2>&1| grep null
fopen64("/dev/null", "r")                        = 0x804a008

> will verify with -D_LARGE_FILES. Also I found similar names (but not

Never seen this one. Google seems to say it's useful for AIX not
Linux.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau
Create your personal SMS or WAP Service - visit http://mobilefriends.ch/