sandyk007 wrote:

Hi How to use data_sm instead for submit_sm in kannel, replacing submit_sm pdu
with a data_sm pdu,any idea please let me know...RegardsSandesh K

first of all: DO NOT CROSS-POST to both lists, unless you have a GOOD reason! :/ ... (like I usually have, just kidding ;)

Now, data_sm for MT delivery to SMSC is no supported within our SMPP client implementation. It's actually a TODO on my list, but I won't have the time to dig into it.

Any one volonteering for this one?

The idea may be simple: since data_sm allows a higher paylaod, we would not split "long messages" to concat chunks and send a bunch of submit_sm PDUs, but a single data_sm PDU to the SMSC.

Even an "extended version" would "be aware" if the data_sm_resp PDU indicates a possitive result or not. In case SMSC refuses data_sm (ie. because they don't allow it or haven't implemented it) we would "fall-back" to submit_sm usage.

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org