Andreas Fink wrote:

I think as gwlib is a generic lib, the functions should stay there even kannel doesnt use it directly at the current time.

+1 on Andreas opinion.

Since there is no "elegant" way (ie. via iconv) to convert from/to gsm charset, kannel as SMS gateway lib provider should implement and provide the functions.

The compatibility to external boxes (ie. sqlbox, smppbox or whatever may be out there) is considered higher in prio then moveing 2 simple routes out.

As things are pretty "similar" in the morphing functions, I agree that we may "merge" them more generically so there is not too much explicite overhead.

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org