Hi,

this indeed would be useful, when we send over SMS.

Aarno

On 19 Apr 2007, at 11:32, Georg von Zezschwitz wrote:

Hi,

A feature I would like to have / implement in Kannel is HTTP header filtering.

Most urgent I would like this feature for the PPG.

Currently, if you submit e.g. by "curl" a PPG request, the generated short message(s) even contains the "curl" user-agent, together with some other useless headers of the "outer" HTTP request. This is certainly not worth extending the push from 1 to 2 short messages.

However, I think the feature of filtering headers also for normal WAP requests and responses makes sense.

E.g., the "Server" header is included in nearly every HTTP response, but rarely of use for a mobile client.

I would like to suggest a header white-list and a header black-list that can be configured in Kannel, e.g.

For wapbox:
request-headers-white-list / request-headers-black-list
response-headers-white-list / response-headers-black-list

For PPG:
headers-white-list
headers-black-list

A useful sample for the PPG would be:

group = ppg
headers-white-list = "X-Wap-Application-Id Content-Type"

I understand that filtering especially HTTP request headers for Wap requires in-depth understanding of HTTP.
But I would prefer a "symetric" solution.

Could I get comments on this?

Best regards,

Georg