(This belongs to the users list in fact)

Try making the request from the command line with curl or wget, and see if it's really an empty response.

Also check using a different format (html or text) to see if it behaves the same.

Regards,
--
Alejandro Guerrieri
aguerri...@kannel.org

I compiled and installed kannel Version 1.4.1 on a Linux (Ubuntu) Server. The Gateway works fine, I'm able to connect to an SMSC (emi) and to send all SMS. The only problem that I'm facing ist the http administration. I've written a litte script which parses the status.xml file. But when I try to request the status I receive the following output: "XML handling error: no element found at the adress : http://localhost:13000/status.xml row nr. 1, column 1: ^." When I enter http://localhost:13000/status the output is also empty (blank). (also when I retrieve the source, accessing via firefox)

I don't have a clue where the problem might be? maybe something about the access rights? I recompiled the gateway, but the problem is still there.. I'm starting the gateway as root, the cgi-bin/ sendsms?username..... request is woking fine.

I would be veery happy if you could help me, my customer wants to go online with the gateway next week!!!

the conf-file:

[...]

kind regards,

beatrice tamburrino

thx