[ Cc-ing to devel so Alex can read ]

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 13:11, Nikos Balkanas wrote:
> You need to be an administrator to upload content. The way I would
> do it, is to mark it as "Contribution: ..." in Subject and submit to
> Alex M, cc the list. He will upload it for you. If it is too large
> for email, talk to Alex first.

OK. Tnx. I will do that.

> PS: Usually rpms are built out of stable realeases (ie 1.4.3) not
> svn. Since a lot of additions have hapenned since, you might want to
> wait a bit for next release, 1.4.4, I believe it is very close due.

Stable release (1.4.3) is already in Debian testing/unstable (and
Ubuntu, I think).
Debian is reluctant to accept development versions of software so I
usually build Kannel (and other important packages) from source.

And because current Debian testing in "frozen" state I think that the
new stable release (as Alex announced on devel list) have a little
chance to go to next Debian stable. I know that is not best situation
because I know that the development version of Kannel is stable and
deserves to be in the stable distro's (be it Debian or other).

Long story short, I would like to help people who do not have experience
to build Kannel (and opensmppbox) from sources, to have development (and
real soon now, stable) version "out of the box", because I did it
already for my own use.