To: "Milan P. Stanic" <m...@arvanta.net>
Cc: <devel@kannel.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Kannel 1.5.0 Debian packages

Hi Milan,

as far as I see, configuration should be fine. Could you please upload debs and diff tar to some place
and we will push it to download section then.

Thanks,
Alexander Malysh

Am 22.03.2011 um 14:09 schrieb Milan P. Stanic:

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 09:56, Alexander Malysh wrote:
Hi Milan,

that would be great to have debian packages for 1.5.0

I forgot to mention in original post that I sent these packages to
someone in Romania who is tried it on Ubuntu. He told me that the same
binary packages which I run on Debian also works well on Ubuntu but I
forget which release he runs.

could you please answer some questions:
- how these packages compiled

I patched 1.5.0 source with official Debian diff (actually tar file)
because my intention is that the packages I build shouldn't differ a lot
from Debian shipped packages. It is because of that if someone upgrade
it from official Debian release to newly built packages s/he doesn't
have to change anything in configuration files.

- which DB support is enabled

Sqlite3, Postgresql and MySQL.

- compiler/configure flags used

Here is the relevant section from debian/rules files:
./configure \
   --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) \
   --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) \
   --enable-warnings \
   --prefix=/usr \
   --mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man \
   --infodir=\$${prefix}/share/info \
   --enable-docs --enable-pam --enable-pcre \
   --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr \
   --with-mysql --with-mysql-dir=/usr \
   --with-sqlite3 \
   --with-pgsql --with-pgsql-dir=/usr

And here is relevant section from Makefile:

LIBS=-lpq -lmysqlclient_r -lssl -ldl -lpam -lpcreposix -lrt -lresolv
-lnsl -lm  -lpthread -lxml2 -L/usr/lib -lpcreposix -lpcre -L/usr/lib
-lcrypto -lssl -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r
-L/usr/local/lib -lsqlite3 -L/usr/lib

CFLAGS=-D_REENTRANT=1 -I. -Igw -g -O2 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-D_LARGE_FILES= -I/usr/include/libxml2  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wformat
-Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -I/usr/include
-I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/postgresql

LDFLAGS= -rdynamic

Do you have some place to upload packages and we will push those then to download section?

Yes, I can upload it but would like to know first if the configuration
above is correct. If not, I can rebuild it with your (or someone else)
suggestions.

Thanks,
Alexander Malysh