The system type has nothing to do with the box-id.

The boxid is used to connect to bearerbox and is also used to route delivery
reports back.
Oone box can only have one ID which is transmitted initially at connection time
so having multiple smpp users sending this way different box-id's back would
not make any sense at all as it would not get back due to the routing in
bearerbox.

Secondly at the time OpenSMPPBox connects to bearerbox, the box-id is not yet
set. In other words only the default routing is used which makes the use of
box-id useless.

In our case we might have multiple boxes connected to one bearerbox. Such as a
SMSBox and a OpenSMPPBox (or our own box which is in the workings). in this
case bearerbox needs to know on which link the connection was coming from to
send back the  delivery report through the right path.