Have a look at the "loopback" smsc.

From: devel-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:devel-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf
Of Eric Turner
Sent: Saturday, 30 June, 2012 19:38
To: devel@kannel.org
Subject: Configuration Issue (I Think)

My overall goal is to provide an smpp interface that our customers can use.
We provide our customers a way to agnostically communication throw a
interface they are familiar with to a variaty of sources.

We are using kannel and I found sqlbox and opensmppbox.  They look like they
will work perfectly.  I have it set  up so that I can received a message via
smpp it makes it to the send_sms table in the database and a
submit_sm_resposne is returned.  Now I would like the be able to inject that
message into my system.  Let my system do the necessary logic and processing
and then pass it on to the properly smsc or other delivery method.

Basically what I am looking for is an SMPP interface into my system.  I need
to get the message and queue it to the properly delivery method.  And then
update our customer of status as that happens.

Is there a way that I can get one of the "boxes" to inject the received smpp
message into my system?

Is there a way for me to inject a status as it moves through our system back
into one of the boxes and it will trigger a deliver_sm?

OS: Centos 5.2

Kannel Version: checked out trunk 6/29/2012 (rev 4979)

OpensmppBox Version: checked out trunk 6/29/2012 (rev 4979)

SQL Version: checked out trunk 6/29/2012 (rev 4979)

Libxml: Libxml2  2.7.6

Multi Core VM machine

To test I am using a seperate VM machine (same configuration) that talks to
it via kannel.

Eric Turner