Right, sorry I was not clear. What I mean by protocol was just the body content
format.I want the http IN to be able to take the same message data, and send it
to 2 differnet http OUT with different format, based on a parameter in the
request from the server.

Basically, my goal is to be able to send a request from my server like
http://smsbox.host.name:port/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=foo&password=bar&SOMEID=id1&to=0123456&text=Hello+world
then have Kannel inernaly do:

if (SOMEID == id1)
{
POST <smscA>
<foo>text</foo>
}
else if (SOMEID == id2)
{
POST <smscB>
<bar>text</bar>
}

So foo, and bar are the 2 protocols I was speaking of earlier.

I just realized also that I can survive with no body in the request from my
server, (as above) just not in sending to the smsc.
So actually I guess I do need the smsbox afterall. I think my first solution
was not good.
I should configure a sendSms for my server, as in the example above and then
configure a sms-service with a post-url to post this data to smsc (smsA, smsB
in exmaple)I just might need to do some special implementations for formatting
the posted data.