Hi list,

The basic idea is: in SMPP (and other protocols too), we may have meta-data parts (optional TLVs in SMPP) that we get on the "Sent SMS" event, hence in the submit_sm_resp PDU for SMPP. At the moment we don't have a construct to pass this meta-data in the corresponding intermediate DLR SMSC SUCCESS event that we pass to smsbox.

The attached patchset allows this at least for optional TLVs coming inside submit_sm_resp. I don't see a clean way to do this for the bind resp PDUs though.

The patchset SHOULD be not intrusive, adding only the feature and not changing any standard behavior. Please review and vote for commit.

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org

Hi Stipe,

I've just tested the patch and its working as intended :-)

This is a case when the SMSC transmits the remaining credit on TLVs
on the SUBMIT_SM_RESP and until now there was no way to retrieve that
information unless for a grep of the logs (nasty stuff).

I'll be checking if this patch gets to the main trunk.

Thanks a lot :-)

Best regards,
Paulo Correia