Am 10.07.15 15:42, schrieb Milan P. Stanic:

Is it wise to give any password on the command line, especially for long
running processes, because it could be seen with the simple 'ps' command
except when the system is security hardened.

that's not a problem, as other UNIX daemons do, we can "re-map" the command line values after we have read it and turn it to XXX in the process information scope, so ps doesn't show anything.

Best Regards,

Koelner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org