On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Bill Nottingham <nott...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Adam Miller (maxamill...@fedoraproject.org) said:
>> > I have started the retiring process for bazaar in the F13 and devel
>> > branch.
>> > Please update your package if it depends on bazaar!
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, why is this package being retired?
>
> AFAIK, it's been completely replaced by bzr for a few years now.
>
> Bill
> --

Oh ok, I don't actually use bzr/bazaar but when I do a 'yum info' on
both packages, the URL points to the same place (different URLs but
they end up at the same site).

[11:24:54][a...@turnip][revproxy]+ yum info bzr
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : bzr
Arch       : i686
Version    : 2.0.3
Release    : 1.fc12
Size       : 29 M
Repo       : installed
>From repo  : updates
Summary    : Friendly distributed version control system
URL        : http://www.bazaar-vcs.org/
License    : GPLv2+
           : friendly, and scalable.  It is the successor of Baz-1.x which, in
           : turn, was a user-friendly reimplementation of GNU Arch.

[13:27:39][a...@turnip][revproxy]+ yum info bazaar
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name       : bazaar
Arch       : i686
Version    : 1.4.2
Release    : 13.fc12
Size       : 712 k
Repo       : fedora
Summary    : A distributed revision control system
URL        : http://bazaar.canonical.com/
License    : GPLv2
           : designed to be more intuitive and user-friendly.
           :
           : GNU Arch is a revision control system with features that are ideal
           : for projects characterised by widely distributed development,
           : concurrent support of multiple releases, and substantial amounts of
           : development on branches.  It can be a replacement for CVS and
           : corrects many mis-features of that system.

Sorry for my confusion :)

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com