On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 11:36:54 -0700
Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> For the record, we do in fact have a policy on this:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow#Priority_and_Severity
>
> I wouldn't exactly claim that it's universally followed, but it *is*
> there. I do still follow those rules for 'severity' when dealing with
> bugs, for whatever it's worth.

Well, it also doesn't make as much sense with 'triager' in there and no
triagers around. ;)

> It is not in fact true that they "can be changed by anybody" (unless
> the BZ config has been changed in the last few years and I missed it,
> which is entirely possible). Only people with 'editbugs' privileges
> can change them. Lots of people have 'editbugs' privileges one way or
> another, though.

Yep. Pretty easy to get that access...

Also note that with no privs you can set the Severity on any bug you
file (but cannot change it after that).

IMHO, setting these fields just represents noise and more emails
generated and doesn't really end up getting you anything other than
maintainers who say "yes yes, we know, thanks for some more emails".

Back to this case, I am not a DNF developer/maintainer, but I can think
of lots of things I would personally prioritze over a slowness issue in
fedora-review (data loss bugs, bugs that prevent people from getting
updates, crashing bugs, bugs that stop releng from doing things they
need to do, etc). In any case, priority/severity should be left to the
maintainers to decide (if they want to use them at all).

kevin