On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Xose Vazquez Perez
<xose.vazq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski  wrote:
>
>> They say their reference C compiler is the Open Watcom C, which seems
>> to be distributed under this license:
>> ftp://ftp.openwatcom.org/pub/license.txt . The license seems complicated
>> and probably non-free in Fedora terms.
>
> There is a Debian thread about this licence in References:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybase_Open_Watcom_Public_License
>
> "Open Watcom V2 Fork" was ported to 64-bit Linux X64 hosts:
> https://open-watcom.github.io/open-watcom/

That's why I asked if someone knew anyone at Sybase/SAP, because
clause 7 basically says that the only entity that can modify the
license is Sybase, and you're allowed to choose to use anything
licensed under this license under a newer version automatically. So,
the SGI license "hack" that fixed issues with SGI contributions would
probably work here[1]. However, that requires getting in touch with
someone at Sybase/SAP...

[1]:
http://web.archive.org/web/20120211122230/http://www.sgi.com/company_info/newsroom/press_releases/2008/september/opengl.html