http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/mongodb.git/tree/mongodb.spec#n327

GID

> >> The relevant guidelines covering this are here:
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:UsersAndGroups
> >
> > I think Marek is suggesting changing the groupadd command to use
specific UID (184) for new installs.

> > Are you quoting the policy because it prohibits changing UID/GIDs? Are
you concerned with updates on existing systems?

> No I'm linking the policy as it has all the relevant guidelines for this
situation along with specific example script samples and the process that
needs to be followed with FPC if not using dynamic application and wanting
a static assignment.

Forgive my infant caused sleep deprived brain...

Re-reading the OP I see my misunderstanding. I'd say just put the approved
pre scriptlet in place with the already approved UID/GID

As per design existing users won't be affected with the example scriptlet
and new users would get the FPC approved IDs.