On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:

> That doesn't make sense though.  That bug is just about dnf removing
> "unneeded" packages.  The only reason the reporter lost a needed package
> was because something else was claiming to provide that dependency. This
> case is different.  For some reason, dnf is removing a package that is
> required by many other still installed packages.

Samuel, see my previous reply I just sent regarding fallout going forward.
I'm not sure what the heck is going on.  As I previously mentioned, I was
about to "dnf reinstall sqlite-libs" and then when I did a "dnf remove
corebird" it didn't try to also delete sqlite-libs - so I was assuming it
was something to do with the way the package was marked as referenced in
the other bug report.  That said, when I did a "dnf autoremove" command on
two difference systems the list was different - even though the packages
are currently installed on both systems - so something weird is happening.
Also, I do have the libhif fix applied - and have had for several months,
but just encountered this issue.