+1 to the idea that we really do not know how many programs will be
affected by this change. We do know that the tmux folks have shot down
making any changes to accommodate systemd. As they value cross-platform
compatibility, this is understandable.

     As it looks from my vantage point, the choice is either carry a patch
to revert this change in systemd, or accept the load of carrying an unknown
number of patches to allow other software to accommodate this change.

     My suggestion is to plan on reverting the systemd change to
KillUserProcess=no in F25, and reevaluate for F26, when we have a better
understanding of just how many programs have to be rewritten/patched/forked
to accommodate this new paradigm.