On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 04:18:18AM +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Sex, 2016-07-29 at 10:55 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > * #1605 finish retirement of sysvinit-only packages  (nirik,
> > 16:24:51)
> >   * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1605   (nirik,
> > 16:24:51)
> >   * AGREED: retire packages on list aside nagios (which must be fixed
> > by
> >     alpha) and opentracker (+6,0,0)  (nirik, 16:33:43)
>

> why we need retire sysvinit-only packages ? is not suppose systemd
> support sysvinit and why don't you fixed the packages like you will do
> for nagios ?
> BTW I'd like keep 2 packages noip and tetrinetx.
> Shouldn't you give some time or open bug reports before do the
> retirement ?
>
> why such hurry ?

Hi Sérgio,

this retirement was announced 6 months ago [1] and was scheduled for
2016-02-23. That action slipped and was not carried out in the
previous development cycle, but is done now when we are again in
pre-alpha phase.

Nevertheless, if you want to keep one of those packages, you can always
contribute a systemd unit. The fact that nobody did that since systemd
became default in F15 suggests that those packages don't have enough
maintainer care. noip seems to be one of those.

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce%40lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/ULPGRGI3OBFXWZISXRIX2S3Z35RBCMBN/

Zbyszek