On 07/31/2016 03:18 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:

why such hurry ?

There has been a more than enough time for this migration to happen already and now it's existence has started to hinder other changes and adoptions in the distribution.

The initial target was for the feature completion was F20 or two years for every component in Fedora with an average migration time of 4 hours per components including changes to spec files and ( minimal ) testing ( and this was done with real submitted work not drive by maintainers tagging expecting the components maintainers to do the work for them ) but it came immediately clear what would prevent that from happening in F15 when we started the migration ( we started it in F14 ) and that was package maintainers ( mostly due to same 4 or 5 reasons ) not the migration process itself then idiotic decisions making by FESCo and bottlenecks in the FPC process itself added additional delays to that and other systemd integration work.

JBG