Hi all,

Most of you are probably aware that systemd except running as PID 1
also runs inside user sessions. This allow users to define their own
"user services" and start up various scripts and background processes
right after logging in.

In default targeted policy PID 1 runs with init_t SELinux label and
--user instances of systemd are not confined by SELinux, i.e. running
with unconfined_t.

During Flock I got asked whether we can change that and run systemd
--user instances in some confined domain. Fixing this on systemd side
should be trivial, i.e. we would have to add SELinuxContext= option
with appropriate value to /usr/lib/systemd/system/user@.service (unit
file used for spawning user instances of systemd).

I am writing this email with a hope that we can discuss if above
proposal even makes sense (what are possible gains from system
security perspective) and if yes what is appropriate SELinux label to
use (I guess we would need new one and define policy for it).

Michal