Hi,

I was asked to start this in today's Server meeting. The genesis for
me was, I have more questions than answers and I'm fairly convinced
I'm not the only person who's kinda shrugging not knowing what all the
questions even are. Answers are important too, but good questions to
properly explore scope and liabilities have to come first.

Cloud WG folks had decided a while ago to focus on Atomic Host, and
sounds like now they only want to do that, and form a new Atomic WG.
[1][2]

I see 8 base images for Cloud that aren't rpm-ostree based. Are they
in need of a new home? Who's using them? Are they all needed? Does it
make sense for Server WG to produce the non-Atomic Cloud deliverable
images?

At the last Cloud meeting, it was floated whether some Cloud people
should move over to Server, or vice versa. Should there be an
Atomic/Container WG? i.e. a fourth product deliverable?

Being contrary, I wondered about consolidation as a solution rather
than adding another WG and product. [3] Does anyone see Cloud WG, or
Server WG as spread too thinly? What estimate do you have for overlap
in work between Cloud and Server? Is there an economy of scale by
combining them? And is it both useful and practical to have subgroups
within a WG, to split out the sub variants of Server: hardware, cloud,
atomic host?

Server and Workstation WGs have expressed interest in moving to
rpm-ostree based deployments also. So I'm confused by what an Atomic
WG would produce that's unique. There are huge differences between
conventional and rpm-ostree deployments. Does it make sense for an
Atomic WG to have no outputs? And instead is liason with Server and
Workstation WGs, QA, Docs, releng, and others, to help in the
transition to this new way of delivering and maintaining Fedora?

It might be that the Cloud and Server PRD refreshes help sort some of
this stuff out too.

OK I have more questions but this is long enough. I'm certain others
can ask better questions, or versions of these ones, and in particular
the questions I haven't asked.

[1]
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-09-21/fedora_cloud_wg.2016-09-21-17.00.log.html

[2]