On Sat, 05 Nov 2016 04:44:05 +0100
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Actually we have autosigning all setup, but it needs a fedpkg update
> > flag day. (Which we hope to do after f25 is out). So, it doesn't
> > depend on this feature.
>
> Why does a pure server-side feature (autosigning) need a client
> (fedpkg) flag day?

Currently when you 'fedpkg build' something for rawhide/master, it
looks and sees it's f26 and it's dist tag is fc26. For
autosigning/gating we want to make builds land in 'f26-pending', get
signed and moved to f26. However, current fedpkg takes dist from the
tag name so it would make your package be '.fc26-pending' instead of
'fc26'.

This itself doesn't need a flag day (it's already been fixed in
fedpkg), but there's a few other things that do and we wanted to do
them all at the same time and it does need everyone to have updated to
the fixed fedpkg, so it needs time to get out there and everyone have
updated.

kevin