On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 10:03 +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> The example of this issue:
>
> Fedora N has:
>    xorg-drivers-7.5 which requires xorg-drivers-foo, xorg-drivers-bar
>    xorg-drivers-foo requires xorg-drivers = 7.5
>    xorg-drivers-bar requires xorg-drivers = 7.5
>
> Fedora N+1 has:
>    xorg-drivers-7.7 which requires xorg-drivers-foo
>    xorg-drivers-foo requires xorg-drivers = 7.7
>    xorg-drivers-bar is not present as it was retired, no package
> provides it
>
> Before upgrade you must manually remove xorg-drivers-bar otherwise
> you
> will get broken dependencies.
> (Sorry for taking xorg as example, this happened in past not just
> with
> xorg but with many other packages too).

Hi,

I think this is already a solved problem in the context of the
graphical upgrade discussion, as PackageKit should already be smart
enough to remove xorg-drivers-bar in this case. If packages disappear
it just removes them to ensure the upgrade does not fail.

At least, that is my understanding.

Michael