On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:13:26PM +0100, Ms Sanchez wrote:

> On 18/11/16 19:53, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 3:13 AM, Ms Sanchez <bhkoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello Peter!
> > >
> > > I tried to do this but it recorded nothing. Maybe I did something wrong?
> > Worked for me. But I did make modifications, I used tmux, because I'm
> > familiar with it, though that shouldn't matter, and I didn't literally
> > do this step:
> >
> > $ sudo evemu-record > $HOME/touchpad-recording.evemu
> >
> > Instead I did
> >
> > $ sudo evemu-record > ~/touchpad-recording.evemu
> >
> > One thing you may have not noticed is that after that command there's
> > a menu that appears and you have to find your trackpad device in that
> > menu list and choose it. Recording won't happen until you do this. You
> > can tail the file to check if it's recording trackpad data from that
> > point.
> >

> Yes, I chose the device but still nothing.  I'll try your suggestion and let
> you know what happened.

run it without the pipe into the file - do you see events appear at all when
you use the touchpad? If not, then you're using the wrong event node, just
try the others, one of them will send events. evemu is non-destructive, so
you can run it against any node, just dont record your keyboard, type a
password and then paste the output anywhere :)

Cheers,
   Peter