Am Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:02:01 -0700
schrieb Orion Poplawski <or...@cora.nwra.com>:

> >> Thanks a lot. I will try to regenerate the configure script, once I
> >> am back home. I also reported it back to upstream, since I am not
> >> sure if that's fedora specific.
> >
> > Usually to compile MPI stuff you just set
> >
> > CC=mpicc
> > CXX=mpic++
> > FC=mpifort
> >
> > since those wrappers handle all the necessary libraries by
> > themselves.
> >
> > Also, note that %{_bindir} is NOT the right place to install OpenMPI
> > binaries - they should go into %{_libdir}/openmpi/bin. They also
> > should have the _openmpi suffix ($MPI_SUFFIX) to distinguish them
> > from the sequential binaries. And the same goes for MPICH vs
> > OpenMPI.
>
> Yes, and see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:MPI

Seems to be more comlicated,than just the build-error.
Nevertheless, "autoreconf ..." or "autoconf" does not work.
Just for the build-fix:
the newest upstream should have fixed the library-path problem, but the
configure-script does not find mpi.h now.
Here comes the full "%configure-call" (with your sources, not newest
HEAD) that works for me:
%configure      --disable-static \
                --disable-avx \
%ifarch %{ix86}
        --with-mpi-include=/usr/include/openmpi-i386 \
%endif
        --with-mpi-lib=%{_libdir}/openmpi/lib

But after reading the two answers above, that might be incorrect or
unneeded. But it looks like the configure-script will fail without the
change regardles of the used compiler.