On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:32:01 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> I don't think this line of conversation is going to be particularly
> productive.

Not for Nautilus, that's true. There are competitive file managers,
however. And simply filing an RFE isn't productive either, if there are no
free developer resources to work on the feature, or even to acknowledge first
that the current design is flawed.

Next time I will post the same question to users@ list instead. It will
achieve the same. It _could_ have been there is some way to tweak that
progress window.

> Let's please try a different angle.
>
> > Once I had reported a bug in gnome-software, and it took almost a year for
> > someone to respond at all. Hence the prior discussion in this topic. And
>
> Remember — volunteers working on a community project.

Urgh, come on! In bugzilla.redhat.com there are too many tickets that
aren't responded to (the "End Of Life" flood of notifications in my inbox
is down to levels I can handle again, thanks god). Then why rush and file
RFE tickets in an external tracker where the response time isn't any
better?