Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> - simple sound (aplay, espeak) failing after running fancy synthesized
> sound apps (Qsynth): I'd need guidance what to test to find the hidden
> state that causes that.

If you change the Qsynth settings to use PulseAudio rather than JACK for
output, that problem should go away.

Alternatively, you may want to make the simple apps use JACK instead. Espeak
can be built with support for PortAudio, which works with JACK, but
unfortunately, the Fedora package is no longer compiled with that support
because of the dependencies it drags in, so you will have to recompile it.
(It can be compiled with both PortAudio and PulseAudio support, switchable
at runtime.) For aplay, try: http://jackaudio.org/faq/routing_alsa.html

        Kevin Kofler