On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 05:09:58PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 15:56:33 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>
> > > 4) Package complies to the Packaging Guidelines: this seems to me like
> > > a catch all question, it summarizes all other items, doesn't it?
> >
> > Yeah. The checklist in fedora-review requires contains a few strange
> > items. That is one.
>
> Funny you would say that. It's one of the items copied from the official
> Review Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines

It's like the OP said: there's a long list of checks for the
guidelines, and somewhere in the middle we have a question that
encompasses most of the others. This is not useful: the whole point of
a checklist is that it contains items which are small enough to be
checked. This question would be like an airplane pilot's checklist
saying "Are you flying the plane correctly?".

Zbyszek