On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 06:06:24PM -0500, langdon wrote:
> I also am not sure I am comfortable with the move toward exposing
> proprietary software that we have been considering/implementing.
> However, I do think there is some benefit to being able to show
> firefox next to chrome when someone looks to install it. With
> information about the differences. We have no opportunity to educate
> users when they just go to google and download it directly. Again,
> modularity or containers have no bearing on that discussion, they
> are an implementation detail.

N.B. this is referring to yet a separate thing unrelated to *either*
multilib or Modularity; a proposal from Workstation to allow users to
opt-in to selected third-party repositories which may contain
proprietary software. It's a good conversation but *way* off the topic
here. (And I know I'm encouraging the wandering by replying but I just
wanted to make sure that that's clear for anyone following along or
finding this later.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>