Hi,

Why not using Yumex DNF? It does have support for group install and it's very light and fast. Also is easier to find packages in it.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers, Sylvia

On 02/02/17 12:13, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgall...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 02/01/2017 10:34 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgall...@redhat.com> wrote:
What's the advantage here vs. providing a "Python Classroom Lab" install target
in GNOME Software that allows you to turn any Fedora Workstation installation
into a Classroom Lab?

GNOME Software can't do that. As far as I know, there's no
way to expose installable groups in GNOME Software. Apper (in KDE) has
some capability for it, but the PackageKit backend (dnf backend) has
no support for it because it was not implemented because GNOME
Software has no support for groups.

Sure it can; you just create a metapackage that Requires/Recommends: all of the
members of the comps group and add AppData XML and a logo to that metapackage.
Um... that sounds like a hack to work around the fact that GNOME
Software doesn't have support for groups.  I'm not sure that
suggestion is fixing the right problem.

josh