On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 11:12 -0500, Dusty Mabe wrote:

> On 01/31/2017 09:54 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 09:00:01AM +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> > > = Proposed Self Contained Change: Container Minimal Image =
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ContainerMinimalImage
> > >
> > > Change owner(s):
> > > * Dusty Mabe <dusty AT dustymabe DOT com>
> > >

> > > Produce a new container image that contains as little as possible, but
> > > also still provides the ability to install packages from dnf
> > > repositories.
> >
> > Would this be an official image or just a "contrib" kickstart?
> > If the first, shouldn't it be added to the list of deliverables, and
> > who's going to test it, etc.
> >

> I would hope that this would be an official image. I imagine testing
> would be a joint effort between the atomic WG and the QA team. This
> is my first go-round on this front so I welcome guidance on the appropriate
> process to take.

Zbigniew is pretty much on point: it would at least need to be added to
the official list of deliverables:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/26/ReleaseBlocking
(or an existing entry updated if it's replacing an existing image), and
a decision made on whether it's 'release blocking'. If it's going to be
part of two-week Atomic I guess you'll want to work with Kushal and
Sayan for now to make sure it's tested in Autocloud/Tunir. If you want
any manual testing done on it we'd need to figure that out; we have
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Cloud_test_matrix for testing
Cloud images as part of the traditional 'release validation' process,
but we really don't have anything for doing manual testing as part of
the two-week Atomic process, which is probably an oversight we should
correct...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey