On 2 March 2017 at 23:58, Ralf Corsepius <rc040...@freenet.de> wrote:
> On 03/02/2017 05:06 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>
>> Also, in the past, IIRC, koji (or was it bodhi?) did record a person's
>> last build activites, which would provide a strong indication about a
>> person's activities. Unfortunately I can't find this anymore.
>

> The URL I was referring to, is:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/userinfo?userID=<UID>
>
> Pick a random UID and check the results.
>
> You'll find many users/accounts,
> * who appear to stopped have contributing to Fedora many years ago
> * who appear to never have built any package.
> * for "build machines" (No idea, why these exist and why these are mixed up
> with "real users").

That is probably a limitation of the system in that we don't know if
any person will ever become a packager or become one again. So even if
the account is set inactive, it will show up in that userID part. The
GUI would be useful if it said something like "Account Inactive". The
history is kept so that if someone needs to know if package X was
touched by say UID999999 because it was found out that they were
silently dropping exploits in.. and then left we (and everyone else)
can audit it for that. [Or at least that is the usual reasoning
given.]

> Ralf

Stephen J Smoogen.