On 03/21/2017 10:35 AM, Jeremy Linton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 03/21/2017 07:33 AM, Jerry James wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Jerry James <loganje...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm really not sure what to check next.  If an aarch64 box for
>>> packagers will be available in the not too distant future, I will try
>>> to debug this.  Thanks for the information, Kevin.
>>
>> This issue is now blocking a large update of sagemath and many of its
>> dependencies.  Sagemath invokes maxima during its build.  That
>> currently fails because the maxima in both F26 and Rawhide was built
>> with the pre-mass-rebuild version of ecl.  If this issue is not
>> resolved, we will ship a nonfunctional sagemath with F26.
>>
>> I either need access to an aarch64 box so I can try to figure out the
>> problem, or I need somebody with access to the aarch64 koji builders
>> to figure it out.  I would file a bug, except I don't know which
>> component to file it against.  Probably rpm, but I don't know that for
>> sure.
>
> I started a local build of this and it appears to be hanging like this:
>
> make  check-TESTS

Note that what I was seeing is that setting up the mock chroot to build
the package is where it was hanging.

So, if someone could try on a fedora 25 host to setup a rawhide/f26 mock
chroot and try and build maxima in it, and see if it hangs installing
the buildsys packages (in particular the 'time' package) that would be
great.

kevin