Dne 5.6.2017 v 18:59 Richard W.M. Jones napsal(a):
> On Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 01:33:56PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>>
>> Dne 4.6.2017 v 15:22 Richard W.M. Jones napsal(a):
>>> Will the second Pagure instance store exploded trees of the upstream
>>> software?  Will the dist-git RPM source + patches form be generated
>>> from that?
>>>
>>> Rich.
>>>
>> Hi Rich,
>>
>> Could you elaborate about your use case?
> For example:
>
>   https://pagure.io/fedora-ocaml/commits/fedora-27-4.04.1
>
> This is the exploded tree of OCaml which eventually gets built into
> the Fedora OCaml package.  It's upstream OCaml at some upstream
> release + some downstream patches (and patches from other forks in the
> case of this particular package).
>
> Currently I manually synchronize the Fedora dist-git package
> (ie. using ‘git format-patch’ to generate the patches, add them to
> dist-git, list the patches in the spec file, commit and rebuild).
>
> The Fedora package ends up looking like this:
>
>   http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/ocaml.git/tree/ocaml.spec#n44
>
> It would be nice if this was more automated.
>
>> Just today, I discussed this with other people and approached Copr guys
>> (since they are currently formalizing the dist-git [1]) and discussed
>> the possibility of having this implemented in Copr (for the start), but
>> I was not able to convince them (because "you can expand the tarballs
>> and compare them" etc). So may be you have more convincing arguments for
>> this feature ....
> The upstream tarball is still involved here, and the patches are still
> visible in the spec file and applied to the tarball, same as always.
>
> We essentially trust that the upstream tarball is identical (or close
> enough) to the upstream git release that the downstream patches will
> apply properly.  Which if upstream are doing it right shouldn't be a
> problem.
>
> Rich.

So what would be your workflow here? You would start update of the
package by "fedpkg upload" to upload the new tarball and let dist-git to
explode it? And what would be next?

I thought that the exploded tree would be more passive, i.e. it would
mirror just the basic tarball, possibly each Koji build would result in
some release branch containing also the applied patches, but it seems
you want to use it more actively ....

Vít