On 29 June 2017 at 10:44, Iryna Shcherbina <ishch...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Why would it stop building?
> By explicitly defining the dependency to be py2 one in your Python 2
> package, you will just make sure it will not start pulling Python 3
> dependencies in a few years when the switch happens.

Personally I think that going with py3  -> py at any time is going to
be a problem. Will there never be a python4 or python5? Will we just
leave that problem to repeat itself in 2028? when we have to do
another complete rename because python3 is EOL?

[I am also of the opinion that the history of computer language
changes has proven that even after a language is EOL it is still used
in too large of a base for many many many years after people say it
should be gone. I am expecting that no matter how much we want py3->py
we will find in 2028 that some major bleeding edge user still relies
on python2. ]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.