On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2017-07-04 at 09:32 +0200, Christian Dersch wrote:
>>> Looks like one compose failed *again* for some mirror issue… This time
>>> it is Robotic [1] , but i've seen these random failures several times,
>>> also for Astronomy for example. So a new compose should be done here to
>>> ensure the Spin gets in properly,
>>
>> We don't re-spin for non-blocking images as a matter of course. The
>> compose process takes far too long for that, unfortunately.
>>
>> I think nirik said he thought he'd fixed this, but obviously he
>> hasn't...
>
> Yeah, I keep doing things that I think will quash this and then it shows
> up again. :( It has been very hard to track down because it's going
> through a number of layers... apache to haproxy to varnish to apache. :(
>
>> Note this only seems to have affected the i386 image. The x86_64 image
>> is included in the compose.

So... this prompts a question in my head.  I understand we don't block
release for non-blocking spins.  That is obvious.

What is not obvious to me is if we would go back and do a compose
later for those spins that are impacted by this.  It is one thing to
skip a spin if the maintainer has not kept up with the release and is
otherwise negligent.  It is quite another to tell them "too bad..." if
the spin isn't composed for something completely out of their control
such as an infrastructure issue.  That, to me, would be discounting
the work they've done throughout the release to maintain and test
their spin.

Do we have that ability to do a post-GA compose for those spins in
such cases and do we plan to do so?

josh